Carbon Fibre Cases

Carbon Fibre Cases

Introducing our Lightweight, rugged carbon fibre case originally designed for a communication system for the German Army...  Here is the Extreme Carbon Flyer!

Manufactured in Carbon Fibre & weighing in at just over 3 kg we've engineered the Extreme Carbon Fibre case to be lightweight.. Yet we've not sacrificed any of the ruggedness expected from an Extreme case. Not only is this case exceptionally lightweight, it is also compliant with the IATA carry-on size guidelines and therefore suitable as cabin luggage.

If the carbon flyer isn’t suitable for your application, then speak to the Extreme Team about other bespoke options for carbon fibre cases from size, to internals our custom cases are fully engineered to suit your specific requirements.

External Features

  • External connector recess
  • Die - cast zinc alloy hinges stainless steel pins
  • Slide off cover
  • Mild steel sprung handles @ both ends
  • 75mm diameter x 25mm wide inboard castors impact resistant nylon with solid rubber tyres
  • Robust, tamper resistant, lockable zinc alloy latches!
  • Recessed fittings
  • 'o' ring gasket
  • ‘d’ ring for towing strap

Internal Features

  • Die - cast zinc alloy hinges stainless steel pins
  • Slide off cover
  • 2mm custom made carbon fibre panel
  • Other internal options include:
    • custom carbon fibre panels
    • custom foam packs
    • threaded inserts for equipment mounting
  • Deep lid for storage or mounting equipment.
  • Lid options include:
    • inner lids
    • custom foam packs
    • threaded inserts
    • securing straps
    • bags or pouches


External Dimensions to meet IATA carry-on size guidelines

  • A = 552mm (max length inc wheels)
  • B = 440mm (max width inc fiitings)
  • C = 159mm (lid height)
  • D = 90mm (base height inc feet and wheels)
  • E = 249mm (overall height)

Internal Dimensions

  • A = 522mm (max internal length)
  • B = 415mm (max internal width)
  • C = 156mm (max internal lid height)
  • Weight 3.43kg (excluding panel)

Internal flange to take electronics panel

  • Panel overall size = 522mm x 415mm
  • Weight guide 586g
  • (custom carbon fibre panels available)


Summary of Features

  • Designed engineered and manufactured without compromise in the UK. 
  • Made from Carbon Fibre, about 90% of the carbon fibers produced are made from polyacrylonitrile (PAN). The remaining 10% are made from rayon or petroleum pitch.
  • Die-cast alloy hinges, slide off cover, castors, taper proof and robust.
  •  Full customisation options available, including foam, threaded inserts, securing straps, bags and pouches.
  •  IATA carry-on size and therefore suitable as cabin  luggage.