We are currently looking for talented people to join our team
Junior Design Engineer
Despite the current global situation, the company has seen sustained growth over the last 12 months…and we are looking to grow the Extreme Team with an exciting new role in our engineering department.
As a Junior Designer Engineer you will support the Engineering department at our Barnstaple office in North Devon. Creating designs for customer orders that meet their requirements. You will be expected to liaise with clients and suppliers, where required, and present your designs for approval before creating a drawing pack for manufacture.
You will also be involved in the development of new products; this can require testing to ensure products meet MIL-STD and ISO standards. You will carry out ongoing improvements to existing products adhering to internal quality procedures.
- 3D CAD experience (Solidworks is preferred)
- Ability to produce manufacturing drawings of parts and assemblies
- Knowledge of drawing and design standards
- Sheet metal experience would be beneficial
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team under the supervision of the Senior Engineer
- HND/HNC in Mechanical Engineering or relevant field as a minimum (degree preferable)
Who Are We?
Extreme Cases design, manufacture and supply robust rugged cases, containers, and backpacks for tough environments. Protecting sensitive equipment in the field, during transit and in operation for military and commercial applications.
Proud to be manufacturing in the UK, we are all about custom case solutions. Over the last 11 years we have delivered a diverse range of highly technical products. Our innovative bespoke cases and containers are used worldwide by the military, such as, UK MoD, the Bundeswehr (German Army), NATO and European Special Forces.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]